- Promote unity and fellowship among our members
- Emphasize and encourage New Testament ministry
- Ordain and License ministers
- Fulfill the Great Commission through evangelism and planting churches worldwide
To be a part of EFI is to embrace our value of fellowship. Our first role as a fellowship is to build and strengthen relationships among leaders. Even to be a member you must first be recommended to us by a current member. We are and will always be about relationships. We believe that if you are cared for, your ministry will flourish. We believe that growth happens best in a family environment of acceptance and love. Since we primarily focus on relationships and encouragement, we strongly recommend qualified resourcing organizations that major in church growth, developing great systems and helpful strategies, etc.
Our second emphasis focuses on a two-fold outreach, local and global. Locally, we are committed to helping every member seek to impact their community. What challenges is your city facing? What needs do they have? What are you doing to help?
Globally, EFI is a missions organization with missionaries in many countries around the globe. We believe each church should have its own form of global expression. We encourage our member churches to play an active role in our global church planting initiative. That initiative is primarily focused on third world nations.
Every pastor knows the importance of giving for each member. We believe that it is equally important for churches to give so that each church can have a global impact regardless of size.
Our motto sums it up best: Relationally Connected for Global Impact.
- We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given.
- We believe in the Eternal Triune God.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, accompanied by the gifts of the Spirit, is a distinct experience subsequent to salvation, providing for life and service.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved in to the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart from God.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples.
- We believe in the necessity of Water Baptism by Immersion.
- We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion of the Lord’s Supper, for believers.
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of Satan and his angels.
Bishop Houston Miles founded Evangel Fellowship International in 1983 with a vision that The Church is called not only to serve the local community, but also to share God’s Word and God’s love on a global level. The Bishop himself has made numerous trips to foreign lands, planting hundreds of churches around the world. In 2010, Houston’s son, Phillip, took over the leadership of EFI and has continued with their shared commitment to bringing the light of Christ to the far reaches of the globe.