Bishop Houston Miles founded Evangel Fellowship International in 1983 with a vision that The Church is called not only to serve the local community, but also to share God’s Word and God’s love on a global level. The Bishop himself has made numerous trips to foreign lands, planting hundreds of churches around the world. In 2010, Houston’s son, Phillip, took over the leadership of EFI and has continued with their shared commitment to bringing the light of Christ to the far reaches of the globe.
• Promote unity and fellowship among our members.
• Emphasize and encourage New Testament ministry.
• Ordain and License ministers
• Fulfill the Great Commission through evangelism and planting churches worldwide
Our first role as a Fellowship is to build and strengthen relationships among leaders. We are and will always be about relationships. That means that you are more important than your ministry. We believe that if you are cared for, your ministry will flourish. We will not tell you how to grow your church but we are committed to the principle that you continue to grow. We believe that growth happens best in a family environment of safety and love. EFI is first and foremost a family, where each one has a role; what I can contribute matters more than what is in it for me. Membership in EFI is not exclusive; we also learn much from resourcing organizations that major on effective church growth, developing great systems and helpful strategies.
Our second role, or mission, is to help pastors and churches make an impact locally and globally. Locally, we are committed to helping every member work out how to impact their community. How connected are you with your community? What challenges is your city facing? What are you doing to help? Globally, EFI is a missions organization and always will be. We handle the finances for a number of our global members and have more than 20 missionaries on the field who call EFI home. We believe each church should have its own form of global expression, and encourage our member churches to play an active role in our global church planting initiative which is bearing great fruit in some of the most needy nations.
The EFI family is all about giving; if your heart is to love and give back to your community, while make a global impact, we hope you will join our ministry family.
• We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given.
• We believe in the Eternal Triune God.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, accompanied by the gifts of the Spirit, is a distinct experience subsequent to salvation, providing for life and service.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved in to the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart from God.
• We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
• We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples.
• We believe in the necessity of Water Baptism by Immersion.
• We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion of the Lord’s Supper, for believers.
• We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of Satan and his angels.